Make and Keep a Resolution with Help from United Way of Long Island
When the sun sets on 2015 and rises in 2016, something magical happens. Father Time offers us the opportunity to begin anew. Many of us make resolutions with regard to our health, finances or education. United Way of Long Island offers some tips on how get 2016 started on the right track:
- Help change someone’s life. By giving to United Way of Long Island, you help support our signature programs focusing on education, income and health, and more than 100 Long Island nonprofit partners. GIVE TODAY!
- Improve your finances with the help of the Prosperity Center of Long Island. This program brings together resources to help low-moderate income individuals better their financial situation at no cost.
- Make a positive impact on the environment and save money by embracing green home initiatives.
- Bank a few karma points by volunteering on Long Island — Get involved in your area.
- Make your opinion count and advocate for what you believe in. Anyone can champion for a cause — speak out to our members of Congress to improve education, income and health programs in our area.
- Warm someone’s heart and home by giving to Project Warmth.
- Stay healthy! We offer a free discount prescription card – get yours here.
- Keep your mind sharp by reading more — Follow our blog to stay in-the-know about what’s going on at United Way of Long Island.
- Need assistance finding local health and human service agencies to keep your resolutions? Contact 2-1-1 Long Island online here or by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-888-774-7633
United Way of Long Island works to make our communities a better place for us all to live and thrive, with special consideration given to education, financial stability, and health initiatives, impacting more than 300,000 Long Islanders each year. Help us make 2016 a time of hope for all those who need a helping hand. It doesn’t take much effort to make a resolution to help others on Long Island. By giving to United Way of Long Island, you are giving directly back to the Long Island community. GIVE TODAY!